GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
(PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as
Companies House data.
The Hub Newry is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
The Hub Newry is a provider of co-working office space. We also provide venue to allow Companies to host events and training.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information
• Some personal data may be collected about you from details of your visits to our website,
including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• The Hub Newry may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. The Hub
Newry may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
The Hub Newry uses the information collected from you to make telephone contact or to email you in connection with our business. In you making initial contact you consent to The Hub Newry maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you optout (which you can do at any stage).
Any information The Hub Newry holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtain about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
The Hub Newry will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with appropriate services, we will never sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that The Hub Newry has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet The Hub Newry’s contractual and Health and Safety obligations to customers and suppliers and to also respond to marketing and product enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by The Hub Newry and/or its clients
To promote the products and marketing services offered by The Hub Newry.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to The Hub Newry processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing the email@example.com or by phoning 028 3026 0122 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
The Hub Newry may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. The Hub Newry requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. The Hub Newry do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your consent. However, The Hub Newry may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of The Hub Newry, its clients and/or the wider community.
The Hub Newry will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. Please refer to our Data Retention Policy for further information.
Data is held on-site in NI using Manual and Computerised Files. Data is backed-up to servers based in NI. The Hub Newry does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst The Hub Newry is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that The Hub Newry refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
The Hub Newry at your request can confirm what information it hold about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (The Hub Newry) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Hub Newry or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or
a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any
meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what Personal data is held, identification will be required
The Hub Newry will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting
document is required. If The Hub Newry is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to the firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 028 3026 0122 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by The Hub Newry or its partners, you have the right to complain to The Hub
Newry’s [contact]. If you do not get a response within 30 days’ you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
The Data Controller
- The Hub Newry Ltd.
- 6 Margaret Street
- BT34 1DF
- Tel: 028 3026 0122
- E: email@example.com
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- 3rd Floor
- 14 Cromac Place
- BT7 2JB
- Tel: 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org