The Hub is an award winning network of coworking spaces with 3 sites in Newry city centre. People need people and our community is the heart of our business. Central between Belfast and Dublin the sites have very different offerings and a diverse business community consisting of start-ups, freelancers, remote workers and small businesses from private / public / social enterprise organisations, NI / UK / ROI / Europe wide.
Our newest coworking space is due to open its doors in September 2018 and will benefit from a coffee shop, garden areas and a cinema space as well as coworking, hot-desking, meeting and event spaces and private office spaces.
We are currently looking for someone to help manage and co-ordinate our coworking spaces and events and to promote our community values.
Job Specification & Description – The Hub Newry
Title: Office & Communications Manager
Reports to: Owner – The Hub Newry
Based at: The Hub Newry, 6 Margaret St, Newry, BT34 1DF
Job purpose: Responsible for front of house; facilitating meeting room & event bookings; arranging workshops and events; marketing and promotion; office & property administration; general housekeeping. Encourage & introduce new membership & clients to The Hub Newry.
Working Hours: Ideally starting 3 days per week with a view to possibly full time later in 2018, applicant must be flexible, core hours between 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening events.
Qualification & Experience:
– Minimum of A to C Grade in GCSE Maths & English
– “A” Levels or equivalent
– Ideally Foundation Degree in Marketing / Hospitality &Tourism Management or similar
– Solid Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, with database management
– Basic office experience essential
– Knowledge of direct marketing, events management, website maintenance, social media, digital media a big benefit!
– Strong people skills & ability to be adaptable, proactive & flexible is essential
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Front Office Duties:
- Meet and greet visitors
- Facilitate meeting room & event bookings
- Handle membership & meeting room enquiries
- Sign for mail & parcels and arrange mail forwarding & collection
- Introduce & educate Hub Residents to office & coworking procedures
Marketing / Hub Development:
- Encourage & introduce new clients / members to The Hub
- Involvement in Hub events & projects
- Assist with marketing campaigns, direct marketing activities
- Work with Hub Marketing Partners to develop marketing & promotion material
- Attend training and networking to develop relevant knowledge and skills and promote The Hub’s branding and concepts
- Network and collaborate with other coworking spaces
- Arrange new networking / workshop / conferences
Admin & Operations Duties:
- Maintain, monitor facilities / equipment including photocopiers / shredder / printers as well as possible computer network and internet / broadband queries or forward to relevant business contacts
- Process & issue client contracts & files and ensure relevant documentation is provided on time
- Manage relevant data, policies & procedures of premises including complying with GDPR regulations
- Keep Hub’s coworking management / software system updated with member information and carry out Hub invoicing
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and for other Hub Residents as needed.
- Facilitate Mailbox membership procedures including notification & the forwarding on of relevant members’ correspondence mail
- Ensure housekeeping is regularly carried out in both communal areas as well as main office area as per guidelines
- Order and maintain relevant office & janitorial supplies.
To apply or for more information please contact Suzanne Murdock on +44 (0) 28 302 60122 or email: Suzanne@thehubnewry.com