The first coworking cafe in Newry is due to open in the Hub’s Margaret St coworking location in March 2019. Welcoming the business community as well as the wider public the cafe will benefit from meeting areas, hot-desking and garden areas and various events throughout the year.
The coworking location also offers a cinema space for presentations as well as meeting and event spaces with conferencing equipment to hire, private offices and desk hire.
The Hub is an award winning network of coworking spaces with 3 sites in Newry city centre. People need people and our community is the heart of our business. Central between Belfast and Dublin the sites have very different offerings and a diverse business community consisting of start-ups, freelancers, remote workers and small businesses from private / public / social enterprise organisations, NI / UK / ROI / Europe wide.
We are looking for a talented Café manager to join the new opening of our Maggie’s Coworking Cafe, part of The Hub Newry network.
Situated in the heart of Newry, the cafe will serve the wide newry public, our Hub members whilst catering for the wide range of events which will be dotted through the year.
Title: Café hospitality manager (Full time position).
Reports to: Manager – The Hub Newry.
Based at: Maggie’s, The Hub Newry, 6 Margaret Street, Newry, BT34 1DF.
- Organise daily operations, future events and motivate staff to provide excellent customer service. Scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff
- Monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies
- Strong beverage and coffee knowledge is essential together with impeccable service and personal presentation skills.
- To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops and previous knowledge of events management.
- Available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into the newest favourite local spot.
Working Hours: Monday – Saturday 07:30 – 15:30, initially with a view to a possible extension of hours further in 2019, applicants must be available to work all shifts on a rotational basis. Applicants must also be flexible to cover morning and evening events.
- Previous work experience as a Barista and manager is essential
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment, a big benefit!
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Strong people skills & ability to be adaptable & proactive is essential
- Minimum of A to C Grade in GCSE Maths & English
Job Description / Key Responsibilities
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink / catering menu; taking orders while paying attention to detail, serve orders to tables.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the café
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, food, cookies etc… for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; calling for repairs
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations, ensuring café counter and tables are clean at all times.
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
To apply or for more info please forward an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com