The first coworking cafe in Newry is due to open in the Hub’s Margaret St coworking location in March 2019. Welcoming the business community as well as the wider public the cafe will benefit from meeting areas, hot-desking and garden areas and various events throughout the year.
The coworking location also offers a cinema space for presentations as well as meeting and event spaces with conferencing equipment to hire, private offices and desk hire.
The Hub is an award winning network of coworking spaces with 3 sites in Newry city centre. People need people and our community is the heart of our business. Central between Belfast and Dublin the sites have very different offerings and a diverse business community consisting of start-ups, freelancers, remote workers and small businesses from private / public / social enterprise organisations, NI / UK / ROI / Europe wide.
We are currently looking for a passionate and talented Barista to join the new opening of our Maggie’s Coworking Cafe, part of The Hub Newry network.
- To welcome, engage and serve customers based on our coffee/tea/ food menu.
- Informing customers about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments
- Promote coffee consumption by educating customers
- Educate about our larger network of coworking hubs and its facilities.
- Ensuring an excellent experience for both our customers and Hub business members.
- General hospitality, assisting with hosting events, workshops and business meetings.
Monday – Saturday 07:30 – 15:00 with a view to a possible extension of hours later in 2019. Applicants must be available to work all shifts on a rotational basis whilst being flexible to cover morning and evening events.
Job Description / Key Responsibilities:
• Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
• Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink / catering menu; answering questions, taking orders while paying attention to detail, serve orders to tables.
• Generate revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
• Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items.
• Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, food, cookies etc… for coffee bar.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; calling for repairs (when approved by management).
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organisation standards and sanitation regulations, ensuring café counter and tables are clean at all times.
• Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards).
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress is essential
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment, a big benefit!
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences.
- Ability to work under pressure in busy environments
- Impeccable service and personal presentation skills.
- Strong people skills & ability to be adaptable, proactive & flexible is essential
- Minimum of A to C Grade in GCSE Maths & English