The agile mindset: thriving in the asynchronous workplace
Being agile is a super power in today’s ever changing workplace!
The stage has been set for a while, we’re all navigating this VUCA world full of volatility, uncertainties, complexities and requirements both in our personal and our business lives. In the context of today’s workplace, agility isn’t just a buzzword; it’s at the very heart of determining our success. It’s the difference between being swept aside and embracing change and the unknowns, using our strengths, our adaptive capacity and our flexible workplace environments to continuously moved forward.
I’ve been soaking up the latest at some of the recent flexible and hybrid workplace conferences and a couple of highlights have really stuck with me:
- Flexible & hybrid working is here to stay and flex work done well is a matter of time & location. At a recent EMCC Coaching Conference Cristina Muntean discussed the secret to asynchronous working and teams working well together is focusing on the end goal, rigorous process and transparent communications, they don’t need to be continuously in the same location at the same time.
- Focusing on the outcome is the real transformation of growth, mindset and skills and can be a real advantage for so many people.
- Being more pirate – identifying those rules & norms that are no longer working & rewriting them in a way that works for you. A take on the flex industry’s brilliant strengths of agility & adaptive capacity both in our physical workspaces and as a community. Alex Barker at GCUC UK Conference London.
- There’s still so much scope & demand for flex office workspaces to expand into regional towns & smaller cities to enable more adaptive capacity for people work closer to home.
- The flex industry does hospitality really well and in order to move forward we need to embrace that we’re more than just real estate
- Those people & human elements go hand in hand with tech and AI to enable productivity, agility and above all, those deep listening skills.
- Together our shared knowledge, skills & experiences make for a powerful, positive & evolving flex industry to be immersed in!
- Above all agility is key to success
But let’s talk about mindset—about how agility and asynchronicity aren’t just strategies, they’re ways of being. To be agile is to be open, to expect the unexpected, to embrace it.
Imagine a workplace where the deadline is constant, but the work hours are fluid. Where productivity is measured not by how long you spend at your desk, but by objectives you’ve achieved. This is the power of asynchronicity. It’s not about working more; it’s about working smarter.
And in this world, your mindset is your greatest asset. It’s your agile mind that says, ‘Yes, I can jump into this project mid-stream.’ It’s your adaptive mind that says, ‘This challenge is an opportunity.’ It’s your asynchronous mind that says, ‘My peak hours are my power hours.’
So, what happens when you combine agility, adaptive capacity, and asynchronicity? We get a resilient workplace, a dynamic workforce and we achieve our objectives together. We get solutions and innovation as a daily outcome.
Taking this mindset coupled with the attributes of the flexible office workplace industry is a powerful combination to carry us into the future!
Catch the video here:
When you’re able to be the real you in your best environment then you can thrive and help others flourish too!
If any of this resonates with you and you’d like to learn more then I’m here to help.
I am Suzanne
I help forward thinking SME & micro businesses transition to their best flexible workplace environments & agile ways of working
ℹ️ A particular focus on regional v city centric workplaces
Enabling energy, performance & sustainable growth
Support through 1:1 mentoring, coaching & consultancy – flexible workplace solutions & workplace & career transitioning