- This event has passed.
CoderDojo 27th April 2019 @ The Hub Newry
LOCATION: The Hub, Margaret Street, Newry
Learn how to code, or if you already can, improve your skills. Build cool stuff, from games to websites to animations to apps. Meet people like you who are interested in the same sort of things.
If you are 13 or under, then please make sure a parent or guardian is with you. If you’re 13 or over, then we will ask for details of an emergency contact person if they are not staying.
You do not need to book parent tickets. We just need your name(s) as part of the U18s tickets. There is also no need to print tickets.
What to bring?
If you have any of the following please bring them along:
- if you have a laptop, please try to bring that. Please also make sure it is fully charged.
- Android phone or tablet – this is useful for building android apps with AppInventor
- Library card for events that take place in Newry Library
For some activities, it is useful to have software installed beforehand. If you have chance – please take a look at the Newry Coder Dojo website, and consider installing:
- GIMP – an image editing tool
- Stencyl – is a good tool for creating games
- Scratch – the online version is very popular (no installation needed), but there is a version that can be installed for offline too.
The Hub at 6 Margaret Street, next door to the Newry Reporter office.
If you are coming by car there is free car parking close by on North Street.
Parents or guardians – please note that you are agreeing to image consent and are also doing so on behalf of your children. If you have any questions about this consent then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent covers the use of photographs and video recordings, taken by members of Newry CoderDojo, LibrariesNI or by agents authorised on behalf of Newry CoderDojo, The Hub, LibrariesNI, for the following purpose(s):
Publicity, marketing or media coverage in the context of Newry CoderDojo, The Hub or LibrariesNI in print, online and video content.
Newry CoderDojo is run entirely by volunteers. Most of us are also parents. We’re very grateful to the teams at The Hub and Newry Library for hosting us.